We are an independent watch design studio based in Switzerland.
Our independent design studio creates both watches and jewellery. We have refined our know-how by working with a range of brands from all over the world.
Our team is well equipped to respond to requests for both classic Swiss-made products and fashion items. The creativity of our watch designers stems from the combination of experience and dynamism embodied by our team, who are known for their versatility, responsiveness and agility.
As a free spirit in the world of watch design for over 35 years, Rodolphe knows the most intimate workings of the profession by heart.
A jeweller by training and a qualified watch designer, Rossella draws on her Italian roots to develop an inspired style in step with the spirit of the times.
After training as a watchmaker, Robin studied watch design and then worked in Paris to specialize in the art of customizing luxury watches.
Our independent studio was founded by Rodolphe Cattin, in the Swiss Watch Valley, in 2010. This free spirit has explored the multiple horizons of the world of watchmaking.
A designer for several of the leading names in traditional watchmaking and the world of fashion, he has also created his own brand and helped set up a watch Manufacture. His detailed knowledge of watches and jewellery from the design to the finished product, along with his vast network of contacts in Swiss and international watchmaking, are the cornerstone of our studio.
- 1975-1980•School of Applied Arts in La Chaux-de-Fonds. Training in jewellery making and design.
- 1980-1982•Initial experience with various watchmaking companies.
- 1983-1985•Aged 20, he joins OMEGA and then works for TISSOT, before moving to LONGINES.
- 1985-1989•Designer for LONGINES. He works, among other things, in France and southern European markets, notably on the “Conquest”, “Heritage”, “Francillon”, “Golden Wings” and “Grande Classique” designs.
- 1985-1989•Creation of the concept for the “RODOLPHE by Longines” collections.
- 1989•Creation of the independent design studio Rodolphe & Co, in La Chaux-de-Fonds.
- 1995•RODOLPHE BY RODOLPHE, the first fully independent watch collection.
- 1998•A watch designed by Rodolphe for the Bovet brand wins the L’Hebdo award for “Watch of the Year 1998”.
- 1999•Creation and development of the RODOLPHE brand and the company RODOLPHE MONTRES ET BIJOUX.
- 2002•The RODOLPHE brand enters the world of high-end watchmaking with the “Le Semainier” quadruple calendar model.
- 2005•Partnership with FRANCK MULLER WATCHLAND. The RODOLPHE brand joins the group that develops 100% Swiss-made products.
- 2006•The RODOLPHE brand wins the L’Hebdo award for “Watch of the Year 2006”.
- 2007•Transfer of all RODOLPHE activities to Neuchâtel Place Pury and creation of a concept café and showroom.
- 2009•End of collaboration with the FRANCK MULLER group.
- 2010•Creation of RodolpheDesign SA, an independent design studio.
- 2010•Creation of the MRC, Manufacture Rodolphe Cattin concept.
- 2010•Creation of the X-TOUS line, the beginning of a long collaboration between the RodolpheDesign studio and the Spanish jewellery brand TOUS.
- 2011•The beginning of the collaboration with the French watch manufacturer MICHEL HERBELIN, leader of the French watch market.
- 2014•The start of the collaboration with ILG society, International Luxury Group.
- 2015•Creation of a jewellery collection, following a close collaboration with the Spanish painter and artist RIPOLLÉS.
- 2020•The RodolpheDesign studio celebrates 10 years of activity. The office moves to the Rue du Môle, closer to the lake and the town center of Neuchâtel.